I hope you had a healthy week! This week it's an easy salmon recipe for you. It only takes 15 minutes to marinate.
Perhaps you have a fishmonger at your local farmer's market such as the super one we have at Melrose Place every Sunday? Wholefoods is a reliable favorite too. Wild salmon is prefered as opposed to farmed, due to toxins.
For a complete list of best seafoods to eat according to state check out the following link:
4 wild salmon fillets about 1 inch thick
1 lemon cut into thin slices
Juice of 2 lemons
4 green onions chopped
2-4 cloves of garlic chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup of cilantro chopped
Kelp salt & pepper to taste
Spring veg such as carrots and asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Grain of choice such as couscous or quinoa
- Put all ingredients in a sealed bag or container and marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat BBQ, grill pan or stove top grill for 5 minutes on medium-high.
- Follow instructions on box to cook the grain-couscous and quinoa take less than 5 minutes.
- *(Put steamer on and once water boils, place asparagus (cut dry ends off about 1/2 inch) and carrots inside. Take asparagus out after 5 minutes and carrots after 10 minutes depending on size. Once done, coat veg with oil and balsamic vinegar and grill until done making sure to turn them occasionally. As they are steamed they shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes). *To avoid steaming all together, cut the carrots into small pieces and grill with asparagus and oil/vinegar for 5-10 minutes.
- Once marinated, cook fish and lemon slices in aluminium foil on grill for 15-20 minutes or put directly on the grill lightly brushed with a little of the marinade and the lemon slices for 8-10 minutes each side.
Serve with grain and vegetables and bon ap!