Hope you had a good week. Did they get married yet? Do we care? Oh, just looked it up, April 29th-time yet. Remembering those street parties back when Queenie celebrated her Silver Jubilee- not afraid to show my age apparently. Perhaps I do care just a little. It makes me a little nostalgic. All those childhood memories come rushing back-Charles & Di's wedding and how England comes to a stand still, all eyes on the TV watching history unfold. Enjoy the the lead up, and here's this week's recipe. Enjoy, and have a healthy one!
1 packet wholewheat spaghetti
2 handfuls of clams scrubbed
1/2 cup of peas
2 finely chopped scallions
1 cup dry white wine
1 bunch of parsley washed and finely chopped
6 garlic cloves chopped finely
1/4 cup extra virgin oil
1 tbsp chili flakes
Season with Kelp salt & pepper
1. Cook the spaghetti as per directions on the packet.
2. Chop parsley and put to side.
3. Over medium heat, cook the onion and garlic in oil-careful not to let garlic burn. Add the clams, peas, chili flakes and wine.
4. Cover pan until clams open. Discard any that don't open-don't force them they should open naturally:)
5. Put cooked pasta in the pan with clams and sauce, mix, season, and sprinkle parsley on and serve.