Rose Tree Cottage - British Gem in Pasadena

Entrance to Rose Tree Cottage
I had the pleasure of visiting Rose Tree Cottage yesterday. A British goods store not like any other. You have to ring the door bell ( a couple of times) to gain entrance. "No photos please" says the sign on the door. Unfortunately I had already snapped a couple by the time I had read the sign.
The owner, Edmund answers the front door and gives me a huge welcome. Edmund is a very dapper gentleman, who tells me Rose Tree Cottage has been in business for 37 years. He then offers me some delicious homemade shortbread, fresh from their Aga oven, which they also have on sale (yes, they sell Aga's !!)
Just like the one at Rose Tree Cottage!
The shop is a British treasure trove. The kind of place you hope to stumble across when you visit England (but never do as they have all been turned into Tesco Metros). The armchairs by the fireplace made me think of The Wishing Chair story by Enid Blyton. It really is enchanting and would have stayed for afternoon tea in the Rose Garden, but reservations are taken at least a week in advance

On a rainy day you can take tea in the conservatory

I hadn't driven all the way to Pasadena, just to have a browse. I was on a mission. I wanted to buy my friends son a Barbour jacket for his 16th birthday. Yes they sell Barbours too!
Sage Beaufort
  Edmund informs me they have the biggest collection of Barbour clothing this side of the Mississippi!



I settle on a Bedale in sage, and as I leave Edmund hands me a bag of homemade oatcakes as a thank you for my custom! Best of all, it only took me 15 minutes to get back into Hollywood!


Rose Tree Cottage is located at
801 S Pasadena Avenue
(on corner of Bellefontaine)
Pasadena CA 91105



(626) 793-3337 
Visit their website here


Parking in rear plus plenty of street parking

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to apply for your British passport from USA

Brits On Stage

Where To Find Your British Goods!