How to lose 10lbs in days, maybe?
So how can I lose weight fast?
The question on every body’s lips who feel they are over weight or perhaps have recently over indulged like after the holidays for example. Hopefully by now I’m getting across the message that feeling fit, strong healthy and looking good is all about maintaining a healthy lifestyle that includes regular exercise and a sensible diet as opposed to the latest crash dieting or fitness fad being marketed to us in the media.
So here are a few quick pointers that you could use to lose post holiday weight fast, make them healthy habits and you could be amazed at the results. Most people don't have a lot of patience when it comes to dropping flab...and why should you, when you can achieve it quickly with the right approach.
1. Ditch all the "white stuff." White breads, sugars, potatoes, cereals and even rice. (Exception: Cauliflower. It's a great choice.) These foods quickly convert to stored body fat.
2. Get to work. If you want to experience RAPID fat loss then you have to be willing to move that body. I'm talking truly intense exercise (if you're not sweating, you might as well just stop wasting your time). Fortunately, if you keep it intense, it doesn't have to be long, I recommend High Intensity Interval Training which I will cover in more detail in another blog or better still come to Bootcamp on Sunday to see it demonstrated. It not only burns fat during the workout but throughout the day as well!
3. Confuse your calories. If you just eat carrot sticks all day you're going to end up shutting down your fat-burning hormones and slowing down your metabolism; you'll gain weight in the long run. The trick is to "trick" your fat burning hormones by eating different amounts of calories each day. (And some days you need to eat a LOT more calories than others.)
4. Up your protein. Many people are eating too many carbs and not enough protein (like cottage cheese, beef, chicken, turkey, protein shakes, eggs etc :). Perhaps the coolest thing about protein is when you eat it, your body will use up to 30% of its calories just to digest it. That means 1000 calories of protein really equals about 700 calories. That's 300 free calories! Consider adding a little protein to every meal.
5. More fiber please. Many Americans, Brits and people eating a typical poor diet (fast and processed food to some degree) have a digestive track that is loaded with "toxic waste." The reason is they aren't eating enough fiber (at least 30 grams a day) especially from sources like beans, vegetables and certain fruits. Up your fiber and you will rid your body of pounds of waste. Also on many high protein diets there is no mention of fiber which is very ,very important to keeping your body functioning correctly.
6. Drink like a fish. Drinking water causes you to retain water and feel bloated right? WRONG! Drinking the right amount of water helps your body burn fat and release excess water weight. Take your body weight and divide it by two. That's how many ounces you should get each day, around 8 glasses per day for most people.
Put these six simple strategies to use and you'll be well on your way to shedding some serious flab, If much of this is news to you, be amazed with how much weight you might lose FAST!
You can contact me at email@example.com and until next week, train hard, train smart, eat clean and get lean.
Body, Your Design