Lose fat fast? High Intensity Interval Training


High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)

If I told you there was a way to burn calories, lose more fat and improve your cardiovascular fitness by working out for a shorter amount of time you would probably look at me skeptically or think I was mad right? 
Well here’s a few typical questions I  face every week. What’s the fastest way to lose weight? How can I lose fat fast? I have limited time to train what do you suggest I do to get in shape? The list goes on but I think the real question is 'What is the least time I can spend working out with the maximum fat loss and physical benefits?'


My answer? Have you considered High intensity interval training or HIIT for short?
What’s that? Let me explain, but before I do let me just state that I am not a believer in fitness fads, crash diets or get thin fast regimes. My approach to health and fitness is to provide an all round maintainable way of life that will take you to you goals be it to gain muscle, increase endurance or lose fat or anything in between and to have fun along the way. However I am a believer in achieving the maximum possible results in the shortest amount of time and if stripping off body fat is your goal then HIIT can help you do just that.

So HIIT involves intervals of high intensity exercise (such as running sprints) followed by low intensity intervals or complete rest. This is in sharp contrast to the typical steady rate cardio most people do at a moderate intensity such as jogging on a treadmill, etc. HIIT was originally developed by sports coaches to train runners and athletes and improve performance. But it crossed over to the fitness industry due to it’s fat burning benefits confirmed many times over in scientific studies. The findings of all of these studies showed that HIIT burned significantly more body fat in less time than tradition steady rate cardio.
Now here is the best bit, after a HIIT session science has proven that you burn more calories and more body fat for the rest of the day. Yes you heard me right, due to the greater calorie burn (EPOC-excess post exercise oxygen consumption) that’s maintained after the workout your body continues to burn calories. For want of a better phrase the after burn increases your resting metabolic rate and enhances the mechanisms in muscle cells that promote fat burning and fat storage.

This training principle can be applied to any form of exercise that you enjoy, from running to weight training to effectively burn the most fat in the shortest amount of time with the greatest cardio vascular benefits. But don’t just take my word for it, do your own research or better still try it for your self. You can contact me for greater detail at bodyyourdesign@gmail.com If your interested in personal training I’ll happily build you a program that you can execute and maintain that will deliver the results you want that you can perform on your own if you choose too. Or come to the Bootcamp which I run every Sunday at 10am in Griffiths Park where I apply this technique in conjunction with strength and cardio exercises for maximum results. Until then train hard, train smart, eat clean and get lean.

Best

Comments

  1. My brother is over weighted and finding a best trainer. I think you are providing good training. I am going to tell him about your article.
    back pain and neck pain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to apply for your British passport from USA

Where To Find Your British Goods!

Brits On Stage