Thursday, August 29, 2013

Meet a member - Emrhys Cooper

Meet Emrhys Cooper from Devon who moved to LA 5 years ago as a performer. His debut single Hypnotized is released on iTunes now.


Was there a particular reason you chose LA ?
I always dreamed of moving to LA ever since I saw a program about LA when I was about 12 years old. It's known as the land of opportunities and I guess being in Entertainment made me gravitated towards it.

What one thing do you miss from home?
I miss my family and friends.. And going to the pub ;)

What do you find the biggest difference is living here versus the UK?
The weather and driving everywhere. I do feel people have a much more open attitude here. I like the optimism people have towards the arts here. 

Do you have a hidden gem in LA that you want to share with us?
I adore Pace on Laurel Canyon, its also right by my house. I also love eating out in Silverlake and Downtown. 

What would you suggest to others who are thinking about making the move here ? 
I would say… Save up before coming as the first year or so might be a struggle to get on your feet. I wish I had, as it took me a couple of years to find my feet.
Come out here for a visit for a couple of months to see if you like it, make some friends. Moving out here already have a support system will make the transition easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment