Thursday, January 2, 2014

MEET A MEMBER - AMANDA ELIASCH

Meet AMANDA ELIASCH
from LONDON AND PARIS who moved to LA 6 years ago to pursue
LIFE TO THE FULL

Now, Amanda works as a fashion editor for Genlux Magazine and is a poet, artist and filmmaker, recently award winning 6 awards for her semi autobiographical film 
‘The Gun, the Cake and the Butterfly.’


Was there a particular reason you chose LA?
I love film, art and anything creative and Hollywood is the town for that. I
think everyone comes to LA for some sunshine and a bit of bit of showbiz. 
I arrived on a sunny day and it is still sunny here! 

What one thing do you miss from home?
Marmite and scent I like expensive French scents, Caleche and Daphne Guinness’s scent
from England. Wearing hats and long stylist coats. London is a little more put
together than Los Angeles too. I miss the history of London when I am here.

Photo by: SPB photos
What do you find the biggest difference is living here versus the UK?
The weather, old friends, old bricks, a love of Bach and Mozart. Instead I watch
the Oscars and the contemporary composers replace Strauss and Elgar. I love
contemporary architects and the modernists Hal Levitt and Neutra. I miss going
out late too,though I am health conscious, I find that people go to dinner
early here and then to bed by 9pm. In London dinner is at 9pm, in LA one is
going home around that time… 

Do you have a hidden gem in LA that you want to share with us?
I love Palm Springs; it’s one and a half hours away,
Photo by: Craig Young

Malibu twenty minutes. The Observatory in Los Feliz, Scientology and Yoga may keep us
a little more sane than normal, depending on your peccadilloes. Good friends like Peter Medak and Michael Wincott and British Weekly columnist Sean Borg make life cheerful.

What would you suggest to others who are thinking about making the move here?
Remember to be in love as it is the wild west, relationships are
tough here, everybody is out for themselves, so be prepared to spend much time
alone, there are lots of single people and lonely people, but also very
talented people. However, there certainly is hope here, and doors do open.

CATCH "THE GUN, THE CAKE AND THE BUTTERFLY" AT SELECTED FILM FESTIVALS AROUND THE WORLD

1 comment: