FCO Passport Tips for British Visitors and Ex-pats:
Visit Gov.UK for specific travel advice that will help you stay informed.
- Know where your passport is at all times and keep it in a safe place.
- Know the expiry date of your passport and renew it in good time.
- Value your passport and look after it carefully. A damaged passport cannot be used for travel
- Never leave your passport in a rental car, even for a short period. Rental cars are prime targets for theft in many cities in the US.
- Your passport is not always safer on you. Lock your passport in a safe if you have access to one and take another form of ID, such as your driving licence, out with you
- Make two photocopies of your passport – leave one with friends or family and take the second with you, or store it online using a secure data storage site
- Use this photocopy as alternative ID, for example when going out at night
- Make sure your passport is valid. For certain countries your passport must be valid for 6 months after the date you travel – check the entry requirements before you go
Thursday, June 25, 2015
PASSPORT TIPS FOR SUMMER TRAVEL
Posted by Brits InLA at 2:51 PM