MEET A MEMBER - NICK KELLIE

Meet Nick Kellie from Wigan who moved to LA a few weeks ago. Although, he did move to the USA 7 years ago to pursue his music career

Was there a particular reason you chose LA ?
I was always drawn to LA because all of my absolute favorite musicians live here. Its taken me 7 years of living in the U.S. to finally get to LA after living in Nashville for 1 year and NYC 6 years. I have played in some of the top venues and played guitar in a wonderful church named Times Square Church, on a weekly basis - It was broadcast live each week to over 150 countries. I also toured extensively with hitmakers, “The Three Degrees".

I am blown away with how well things are starting to slot together for me here in LA. I already went for lunch with my #1 guitar hero, Frank Gambale. He is the guitar player for Chick Corea and is one of the all time jazz greats.
I was on cloud 9. And to top it off, he is helping me to get connected here and things are going really wonderfully, beyond all expectation. I literally drove here from NYC with all my belongings!


What do you miss most from home?
Just my family…. I wish they would move over here!


What was your first impression of LA and has it changed since? If so why?
My first impression is that it is really a much easier and more pleasant place to live than NYC (for my tastes).

I love cars and, even though I had a car in NYC, I get to REALLY drive out here, which I like. I find people to be welcoming, helpful and laid back.

 

What do you find the biggest difference is living here versus Wigan?
Well… I left Wigan when I was 16 and have lived all over since then, so my memories are probably not accurate. Obviously the weather is one big difference! I love the fact that you can have an outdoor lifestyle here. Plus the proximity to very nice beaches is definitely a plus. Having lived in the US so long I don’t notice it anymore but I suppose the scale of everything is bigger and more spread out here.

Do you have a hidden gem in LA that you want to share with us?
The Baked Potato -

its a jazz club that was originally set up in the 80’s for all the studio guys to jam and perform concerts. Its still there today and they serve baked potatoes and have really awesome musicians playing.

What would you suggest to others who are thinking about making the move here ?
Whew - be prepared, save as much as possible and try your best to make connections. There is no substitute for actually being here though - there is only so much you can do from afar. Oh, and make sure you have a car!


If your your life was a TV show which would it be and why?Seinfeld. Its crazy, unpredictable, eccentric but a lot of fun!


 






Lastly , how can we find out more about you ?

WEBSITE: NickKellie.com 

FACEBOOK: NickKellieBand

Comments

  1. This place has the most perfect environment, great food, tasty wings, lots of good beer, but best of all - probably the best wait staff in all of country. Visited these lofty spaces last month again, had another great time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to apply for your British passport from USA

Where To Find Your British Goods!

Brits On Stage