MEET A MEMBER - PAUL HOLOWATY

Paul Holowaty from Bolton.... it's  close to Manchester to Americans as they’ve usually not heard of Bolton) who moved her two and a half years ago to pursue a career in the dark arts...

(photo credit Magnus Hastings)


I chose LA because I'm a big fan of yoga and kale…as well as a lover of film and television so there’s no better place for those things than the city of angels.

The things I miss most from home are (in particular order):

Hugs from Mum, boll*ckings from Dad, Soccer Saturday, Good public transport, British theatre, Drivers using their indicators to change lanes

My first impression of LA was that it was the best place on earth and that hasn’t changed at all…the weather, the lifestyle, the possibilities. 

The biggest difference between living here and living in England is that it’s easier to give up drinking.

My hidden gem in LA is no longer a hidden gem…but it used to be. When I first arrived in LA I had an apartment on Laurel/Fountain. That first night I stumbled down the road and saw a sign that read Laurel Hardware and was intrigued, so I meandered in and ever since then I’ve recommended the place to everyone. The ribs are top notch! 

To anybody who is thinking of making the move, I would highly encourage it. What’s the worst that can happen! You only get one go at this thing called life so why not take some risks, try something new, make the move. 
At the very least you’ll get a nice tan, become au fait with downward dog and be quizzed about life in Australia…

I’ve just finished working on a pilot called The Fix, also, we are currently pitching networks for a tv series that we made with a few other Brits and I just started rehearsals for a brilliant new play called ‘Dino’ with fellow Brit Michael Billington and it is directed by the awesome Anthony Mark Barrow, it plays at The Complex Theatre in Hollywood from 24th March- 26th March. (it’s 75 minutes straight through no interval - everyone’s favourite type of theatre). 
Discounted tickets are available for BritsInLA contact me atpaulholowaty@gmail.com

Feel free to add me on fb www.facebook.com/paul.holowaty or follow me on instagram @paulholowaty

As regards words of wisdom, I'm a big fan of personal development. Jim Rohn is a hero of mine.  So just remember the same wind blows on us all; the winds of disaster, opportunity and change. However it’s not the blowing of the wind, but the setting of the sails that will determine our direction in life.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to apply for your British passport from USA

Brits On Stage

Where To Find Your British Goods!